The Presidio de San Saba is located one mile west of Menard, Texas on Hwy 190. Founded in 1757 and was operated by the Colonial Spanish Army until abandoned in 1772 by order of the Viceroy of New Spain.
There is no admission charge and visitors are welcome to a self guided tour 365 days a year. Group tours are available with advance notice. See contact page for more information.